Learn more about how long emails remain on the Verizon Server, what to do when you exceed your mailbox quota and how to handle deleted emails.
- All read Verizon Online email messages remain on the Verizon server until you decide to delete them. All unread Verizon Online email messages are deleted from the Verizon server after 90 days.
- Outlook Express: Your messages are stored on your computer as long as you need them, unless you specify to store all email messages on the Verizon server. Learn more about saving emails to your computer.
- Trash Folder: Emails more than 24 hours old are immediately, permanently deleted. Emails less than 24 hours old will remain in the Trash folder for an additional 24 hours before being permanently deleted.
- SpamDetector folder: Email messages tagged as spam are saved in the SpamDetector folder for 4 days before being permanently deleted.
- Mailbox storage refers to the amount of space Verizon allows for your Verizon Online emails on our mail server.
- You can see your Verizon Online mailbox storage and usage by reviewing the Email Storage progress bar in My Account.
- If you surpass your allowed mailbox storage, email messages are returned to the sender with a message saying you have exceeded your storage quota. Learn more.
I want to retrieve deleted emails
My emails have been deleted automatically