The following symptoms may indicate you have spyware infecting your computer:
- Your computer performance has slowed dramatically.
- Your Web browser suddenly closes or stops responding.
- While viewing a Web site, other instances of your browser open and display Web site advertisements.
- Pornographic sites keep popping up when you surf the Internet.
- Your computer dials phone numbers in the middle of the night to expensive pornographic chat lines.
- New sites are unexpectedly added to your Favorites list.
- New toolbars are unexpectedly added to your Web browser.
- Your home page is changed and the new site displays every time you open your browser.
- You get pop-up advertisements that use your name even when you aren't connected to the Internet.
For spyware removal support, consider purchasing one of Verizon Online's products: Verizon Internet Security Suite or Premium Technical Support.