What's the difference between FiOS and Standard services?
From the blazing speed and crystal clarity of the 100% fiber optic FiOS® network to the proven reliability of our standard services, Verizon provides TV, Internet and phone products that will exceed your expectations today—and continue to delight you down the road.
FiOS is Verizon’s newest service. Verizon FiOS TV, FiOS Internet and FiOS Digital Phone services run on a sophisticated network of 100% fiber-optic designed to enhance speed and clarity so you can enjoy the fastest Internet in the U.S. and TV with the best HD picture quality.
Standard Verizon Internet and Standard Phone services run on a copper wire network and utilize dependable DSL Internet technology offering top-rated reliability at an affordable price offering. For TV, we've partnered with DIRECTV®, to bring you the highest-quality satellite TV with an impressive lineup of HD channels.
Because not all Verizon services are offered in all areas, you’ll want to check availability before making any decisions. Here’s the good news: No matter what type of TV, Internet or phone plan you choose, one thing will stay the same. You can trust Verizon to consistently deliver the speed, quality and network reliability you need to stay connected to your world.
Manage your My Verizon account and series quickly and easily, all online.
Gift Card Sweepstakes
Verizon’s $100 Amazon.com.com Gift Card Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND D.C., AGE 18 OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. U.S. LAW GOVERNS THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
1. HOW TO ENTER: The entry period for the Verizon $100 Amazon.com Gift Card Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:01 am EST on October 15, 2012 and ends at 11:59 pm EST on November 17, 2012 (the “Entry Period”). There are two ways to enter: (1) visit www22.verizon.com/home/PRGift or www22.verizon.com/home/GameOn (available as of Oct. 22, 2012), provide your home address to see if you reside in a FiOS-eligible area and either complete the FiOS Interactive Advisor or the FiOS Knowledge Challenge or (2) call a Verizon consumer call center, provide your home address to see if you reside in a FiOS-eligible area, provide your email address and learn about what FiOS products are available to you. Entries must be completed and submitted by 11:59 pm EST on November 17, 2002. Normal time rates, if any, charged by Internet service provider will apply. No purchase necessary. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person, address and/or email address during the Entry Period, regardless of the method of entry.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older, who are FiOS-eligible, who have completed the interactive quiz or Verizon Plan Advisor online or learned about what FiOS products are available to them through a call center representative and whose residence is in a location where FiOS service is available as of the date of entry within one of the following metropolitan areas: New York City; Boston; Philadelphia; Pittsburgh; Washington, D.C.; Richmond, Virginia; Tampa; Los Angeles; Dallas and Baltimore. Whether a potential entrant resides within a FiOS coverage area within one of the specified metropolitan areas will be determined by Verizon (“Sponsor”) in its sole discretion. Employees of Sponsor, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and agents, and such employees’ immediate family and household members, are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited by law. In the event of a dispute regarding any entry, the entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry (i.e., the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address).
3. WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION: During the Entry Period, every 1,000th entrant, regardless of entry method, that is FiOS-eligible and has completed the interactive quiz or Verizon Plan Advisor online or learned about what FiOS products are available to them through a call center representative will be selected as a prize winner (the “Prize Winners”). Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries are 1:1000. The potential winners will be notified by email within 72 hours. If a potential winner cannot be reached within forty-eight (48) hours of the initial notification attempt, he or she may be disqualified. The winners are subject to verification.
4. PRIZE: There will be a maximum of 25 prizes awarded. Each prize consists of a $100 Amazon.com Gift Card. The approximate retail value of each prize is $100. All federal, state, local taxes on the prize value, if applicable, are the responsibility of the winner. The aggregate ARV of all prizes is $2500. The prizes will be awarded if properly claimed. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of the right to receive any prize is permitted, except in the discretion of Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component of equal or greater value. The prize consists only of the item expressly specified in these Official Rules. All expenses or costs associated with the acceptance or use of a prize or any component thereof that are not expressly listed in these Official Rules (including, without limitation, with respect to the Grand Prize, meals, incidentals, souvenirs, gratuities, telephone charges and additional transportation) are the responsibility of the winner. The prizes are awarded WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND by Sponsor, express or implied. Sweepstakes Prize winners may receive a 1099 tax form for the actual retail value of the prize in the January following awarding of prize.
5. GENERAL RULES: Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible, delayed, corrupted or misdirected entries, or for any incorrect or inaccurate capture of, damage to, or loss of entry information, or for any human or technical errors of any kind relating to the submission, collection, storage or processing of entries, the notification of potential winners or the administration of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor has the right at its sole discretion to disqualify and/or prohibit from entering any individual if, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, it determines that said individual has tampered or intends to tamper with the entry process, is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intends, or is attempting to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or any representative of Sponsor. The use of automated programs or mechanisms to enter the Sweepstakes is not permitted. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes. In the event of termination of the Sweepstakes, a notice will be posted online and the Sweepstakes will end. Entry times will be determined using a clock designated by Sponsor, which will be the official clock for the Sweepstakes. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By entering, each entrant winner agrees to release and hold Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and agents, all persons and companies supplying prizes or otherwise involved in the development or administration of the Sweepstakes and each of their directors, officers, employees and assigns, harmless from and against any and all claims and liability arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or the acceptance or use of any prize. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance or use of any prize. Sponsor will not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions, substitutions or other acts or omissions whatsoever. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and licensees to use the winner's name, photograph, voice, biographical information and/or likeness for purposes of advertising, marketing and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be verified or returned. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and the judges, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize. In no event will more than 25 prizes be awarded.
7. WINNERS’ NAMES/RULES REQUESTS: For the names of the winners, available after November 17, 2012, or a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Verizon’s $100 Amazon.com Gift Card Sweepstakes, One Verizon Way, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920.