Data Center Tech III
Data Center Tech III
This position involves a 24/7 enterprise level support environment with implementation and maintenance of HP, Dell, Sun and IBM servers, firewalls, routers and switches. The Engineer will work closely with DC team members, implementation, project managers and support groups insuring maximum productivity and performance, preventing extended downtime on production servers.
• Complete Hardware and Software builds for new server deployments, ensuring adherence to documented build procedures.
• Assist with all facets of build process, including: shipping and receiving, identification of product incompatibility and work around solutions needed.
• Rack & cable new equipment as well as decommissioning older equipment.
• Continual monitoring of Data Center support queues
• Troubleshoot and diagnose hardware and software problems in an enterprise level environment
• Document work orders outlining steps taken and final resolution/outcome.
• Check for abnormal indicator lights or audible alarms on equipment
• Perform daily tape rotations for backups
• Track spare usage, ensure spare inventory is replenished as necessary and spare data base is updated
• Follow documentation when building servers for instance Visio, Digital Ops and the build templates making sure all the steps are completed.
• Perform Data Center walkthroughs verifying alerts for PDUs, HVACs, and RPPs as well as for any server ambers lights reporting any finds to FMC or Technical Support Queue.
• Audit data center spares, cabinets, rows, hardware, fiber and patch cables and cross connects specifics for periodic reports
• Perform installation and operations duties for Data Center facilities, as required
• Other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience
• Three or more of the following certifications: A+, Server+, MSCE 2003 or 2007, CCN, IBM, DELL, HP, MCP, Network +, Security+, APS, AIS, IBM SHPS, CNE, RHCE or SCSA are required
• 2 to 4 years of Data Center Technician experience in any of the following hardware servers' vendors: HP, SUN, IBM, CISCO and Dell
Desired Skills & Experience
• Demonstrated working knowledge of raid configuration, partitioning logical and virtual drives.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of one or more of the following platforms, UNIX, Linux, Oracle, and Microsoft 2003 or 2008.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of three or more of the following protocols WAN/LAN, TCP/IP, DNS, VLANS, Cisco, Routers, Firewalls, clustering.
Job ID: HJOBP000000003735421
Job Requisition ID: 2012003167