Network Implementation Engineer II
Network Implementation Engineer II| Information-technology | Irving, TX, US
The Network Implementation Engineer II will be responsible for Tier II execution of network changes on internal and customer facing network (routing and switching) infrastructure and application (firewall and load balancer) devices. Engineer will work directly with other internal engineering departments and data center personnel to ensure that all customer expectations are being met at the highest possible level. The Engineer will participate in customer kickoff calls with Implementation Project Managers and be responsible for deploying customer infrastructure. This position has a set schedule, but will help to ensure coverage for day and night shifts as needed. The Engineer will also be responsible for ensuing escalations coverage through a rotating on-call schedule
Candidate will be responsible for the following:
Understanding the technical aspects of the requested changes.
Work directly with customers to validate, confirm and assess their application connectivity requirements after change execution.
Execution of network changes on the change calendar in CRM system.
Pre and Post verification of all networking changes.
Complete and accurate record for all change execution steps in CRM system.
Review requirements with change requestor and customer, if necessary, to ensure desired outcome is met on the first change attempt
Assist customers in the change/additional/removal or network services in compliance with change management policy.
Assist in the translation/scheduling of customer technical requests into our standard change format/templates.
Develop and maintain RTS documentation for assigned applications and services
Develop, implement and maintain DR strategies for load balancer, firewall, switch and optical solutions.
Establish performance benchmarks for deployed load balancer, firewall, switch and optical solutions.
Email change execution issues on networking devices to the Manager of Network Services.
Perform hardware and software upgrades for networking devices.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of network experience with Cisco routers and switches.
- Intermediate level understanding and experience with routing and switching technologies.
- Intermediate level understanding and experience with 802.1q, STP, RSTP, MSTP, VLAN, MPLS
- Intermediate level knowledge of firewall management, preferably with Cisco PIX/ASA firewalls and/or Citrix NetScaler Load Balancers.
- Intermediate level understanding and experience with IPSEC VPN(s) tunnels.
- Intermediate level TCP/IP packet analysis, using Wireshark or raw packet captures using tcpdump.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of troubleshooting techniques.
- Exhibits mature organization and time management skills.
- Excellent documentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate level knowledge and exposure to firewall and (or) load balancer technologies.
- Experience with high availability environment with 99.99% SLA
- Accomplishes task with minimal supervision.
Employment requirements may include Background and Credit Check, Drug Testing and/or Skills Testing. Terremark Worldwide Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Terremark, a Verizon Company, is a leader in transforming and securing enterprise-class IT on a global scale. A subsidiary of Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, NASDAQ:VZ), Terremark sets the standard for IT deployments with advanced infrastructure and managed service offerings that deliver the scale, security, and reliability necessary to meet the demanding requirements of enterprises and governments around the world. With a global network of data centers and a comprehensive portfolio of secure solutions, Terremark is helping enterprise and government executives realize the power and promise of the cloud today.?
Job ID: HJOBP000000003657738
Job Requisition ID: 2012000637