Storage Network Engineer
Principal Solution Architect - Network & Virtualisation| Information-technology | Irving, TX, US
Terremark, a Verizon Company, is a leader in transforming and securing enterprise-class IT on a global scale. A subsidiary of Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, NASDAQ:VZ), Terremark sets the standard for IT deployments with advanced infrastructure and managed service offerings that deliver the scale, security, and reliability necessary to meet the demanding requirements of enterprises and governments around the world. With a global network of data centers and a comprehensive portfolio of secure solutions, Terremark is helping enterprise and government executives realize the power and promise of the cloud today.
Position Responsibilities :
The purpose of this position is to gather requirements to facilitate proper designs, return customer infrastructure to service, identify, test, and select new technologies, adjust/maintain standards of existing technologies and products, maintain storage related technologies, and assist with requirements gathering for proper design/installations. Primary responsibilities include both Internal and Customer facing storage infrastructure which includes, but is not limited to, technologies from HP (MSA, EVA, and XP Series), EMC (Clariion, Atmos, and Symmetrix/VMAX Series), 3Par (F, S, and T Series), NetApp NAS/SAN, Equallogic iSCSI, Cisco/Brocade/McData Fiber Switches. The incumbent in this role must be able to understand, follow and repeat documented procedures related to various maintenance activities. Certain maintenance activities will require this role to be available after-hours. This position will also be required to interface with front-end Engineers on level 3 issues, keep apprised of patches, latest technologies, and upcoming infrastructure installations
Required Skills & Experience:
• Successful candidates should have a minimum of 7-9 years of industry related experience or a Bachelor's degree and compensatory experience.
• Experience with large corporate environments preferred
• Storage Technology related certifications or training highly desirable (HP, EMC, 3Par, NetApp, Cisco, etc.)
• Experience with moving/migrating systems and data
• Strong technical knowledge of server, storage, operating systems and network infrastructures highly are desirable.
• Excellent documentation, communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
• 3+ years experience managing enterprise class storage arrays
• 3+ years experience with storage protocols – SCSI, iSCSI, Fibre Channel, NFS, CiFS
• Capability to mine performance and capacity data from enterprise arrays and formulate valuable analysis
• Strong understanding of replication and snapshot methodologies used in enterprise storage environments
• Experience maintaining high availability storage sub-systems capacity and configuration
• Experience troubleshooting complex incidents and problems associated to storage environments and related applications
• The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate the following competencies: Data Gathering & Analysis, Problem Solving, Conceptual Thinking, Attention to Detail, Use of Technical Expertise, Initiative, and Teamwork/Team Building
Employment requirements may include Background and Credit Check, Drug Testing and/or Skills Testing. Terremark Worldwide Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job ID: HJOBP000000003690661
Job Requisition ID: 2012000747