Senior Windows Support Engineer
Senior Windows Support Engineer
Engineer will provide services as the primary engineer assigned to customer accounts in support of their systems, infrastructure and daily administration and management. Engineer will work closely with Service Managers and internal teams to ensure that all aspects of the customer's ongoing system support and administration are successful. Engineer will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of application flow diagrams, custom monitors, RTS (Return to Service) documents, and Knowledge base articles as needed. Engineer will be available for escalations 24x7 on an on-call basis. He/She will conduct ongoing training for first line support personnel on their assigned customer's environment. Identifies and corrects recurring technical issues within their assigned customer(s) environments. Advises customer and acts as their SME (subject matter expert) for their environment for ongoing upgrades and infrastructure improvements.
Required Skills & Experience
• Candidates must hold one of the following MCTS certifications; Active Directory, Configuration; Network Infrastructure, Configuration; Applications Infrastructure, Configuration; Windows Internals. *Exceptions may be made for qualified candidates to obtain an MCTS certification within 90 days of hire date.
• 5-7 years of systems administration experience on the MS platform.
• Experience in supporting I.T. systems and infrastructure in a 24x7 production environment.
• Experience and expertise supporting Windows Server 2003, 2008, Windows clustering, IIS, and MS Active Directory in a systems administrator role.
• Expertise in Windows administration utilizing scripting and other forms of automation.
• Experience supporting and administering HP or IBM server and storage hardware.
• Experience with installation, configuration and administration of the Microsoft DotNet framework in support of web applications and products. Also, a strong understanding of classic ASP and HTML is required.
• Web technology experience for the MS Windows platform, including multiple tier web/application layer designs.
• Expertise with network troubleshooting at the server level. VPN experience using MS PPTP, L2TP, Cisco Pix and ASA for support and troubleshooting purposes.
• Expertise with DNS, WINS and Windows networking protocols.
• Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, with logical problem solving from Layer 1 through Layer 7 of the OSI model.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills are required.
• Exceptional documentation skills are required.
• Exceptional planning skills and ability to work within change control parameters.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Ability to work in a team environment that requires a great deal of independent thinking and work execution.
• Strong sense of urgency in support of all customers. Ability to understand business requirements for technical needs and utilize the business requirements information to prioritize work, develop solutions, and set urgency for others.
• Ability to track and prioritize work independently, based on information from customer and service manager.
• Ability to express complex situational information verbally and in written form.
• Ability to establish expected completion dates for work being performed and provide immediate status updates if the work cannot be completed by the specified date.
• Ability to follow policies and procedures that dictate minimum standards for ticket handling, such as customer communication status updates, timelines for escalation, management communication status updates, etc..
Desired Skills & Experience
• Expertise in Windows Server 2008
• MCSE for Windows Server 2003 (either the Security or Active Directory tracks).
• MCITP for Windows Server 2008 in any of the following areas:
o MCITP: Enterprise Server
o MCITP: Server Administrator
o MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator (Exchange 2007)
• Cisco CCNA – active
• Citrix expertise or active certifications with Citrix products.
• Experience and understanding of network hardware load balancers – F5, Netscaler or Cisco in support of Windows Web infrastructures and systems.
Job ID: HJOBP000000003741442
Job Requisition ID: 2012004522