Verizon Media Manager for Macintosh lets you share the photos you have in your iPhoto library with your FiOS TV. iPhoto uses several different types of collections to organize photos. You can use Photo Manager to select the specific collections you want to view on your FiOS TV.
iPhoto Collection types
- Photos: This is your entire iPhoto library of photos.
- Events (iPhoto '08 or later): Created by iPhoto when you import your media. Events always have an associated date. Photos may belong to only one Event at a time.
- Albums: Your standard photo albums that you create manually by choosing and placing particular photos. Albums are not automatically updated as your photo library changes.
- Slideshows: Similar to Albums, but designed specifically to display as slideshows in iPhoto.
Sharing your iPhoto media with Media Manager
Here are the common settings you'll use to manage your Media Manager settings:
|To do this||Do this|
|Set up photo sharing|
Select the iPhoto Sharing tab.
|Disable photo sharing|
Select Do not share iPhoto media. Use this option if you want to share music but not photos.
|Share all your iPhoto Albums, Events, and Slideshows||Select Share Entire Library. |
|Choose specific photo albums to share||Select Share only these photo albums. Then place a check in the iPhoto Albums, Events, and Slideshows you want to share. You can show or hide Albums, Events, or Slideshows by selecting the Reveal or Hide arrow next to the heading. |
In addition, you can select the Select All or Select None buttons accordingly to either select or deselect all items.
Accessing Media Manager from your FiOS TV
After you have set up and shared the selections you want to access:
- Go to your FiOS TV and press the Menu button on your remote control.
- Select Media Manager.