What's the deal with grandfathering?
Beginning in the second half of 2006, Verizon began revising its tariffs and grandfathering certain services that are subject to Forbearance. Here are some of the highlights of grandfathering. For a full description of all of the changes to a grandfathered service, you should review our appropriate interstate tariff*.
- For new orders: After the grandfathering of a service, customers cannot submit any new orders for the grandfathered service. If you wish to purchase a comparable service from Verizon, you will need to enter into a private carriage agreement with Verizon.
- For existing services: Customers who are currently purchasing a grandfathered service can continue receiving the grandfathered service until the current term of the service expires. During the current term, certain moves, additions, or changes to the existing service are permitted. For a full description of the permitted changes and other terms and conditions for each grandfathered service, please review the tariff. Depending on whether your current grandfathered service is on a month-to-month term or a term plan, you have the following additional choices:
- If your current grandfathered service is on a term plan, upon expiration of the current term for your grandfathered service, you will have six (6) months following the expiration date to enter into a private carriage arrangement with Verizon to purchase a comparable service.
- If your current grandfathered service is on a month-to-month term, you will have six (6) months following the grandfathering effective date to enter into a private carriage arrangement with Verizon to purchase a comparable service.
And there are special pricing plans for IntelliLight
Broadband Transport (IBT)!
On January 1, 2007, we began offering a unique set of LATA-based rates, terms and conditions for orders of new IBT services, as well as upgrades of existing services and extensions of services associated with one-, three- and five-year term contracts.
The 2007 IBT pricing plan covers the following point-to-point
and mux’d IBT rate elements:
- Channel terminations
- Mileage (fixed and per mile
Keep in mind that these new IBT pricing plans are only available under a private carriage agreement and are available for commitment periods of 1-, 3- or 5-years as follows:
- A new
Service is eligible for commitment periods of 1-year, 3-years
- An upgrade
to the Service is eligible for commitment periods of 1-year,
3-years and 5-years.
- A renewal
to the Service is eligible for commitment periods of 3-years
of our Partner Solutions Account Managers or click
here to learn more about our IBT pricing plans.
is committed to the wholesale market and dedicated to helping
you succeed. Plus, our exceptional network reliability and
nationwide presence make these new pricing plans an even greater
value. So, call (888-483-9594) or contact
* The terms and conditions of certain of the services described above are set forth in full detail in Verizon's FCC Tariffs (Tariffed Services), while certain other services described above are provided on a private carriage basis (Private Carriage Services). For Tariffed Services, any summary of Verizon's FCC Tariffs (Tariffs) set forth above is being provided for your convenience, but is not intended to provide a complete description of the terms and conditions of the Tariffs. You should not rely on this summary, and should conduct your own review and analysis of the Tariffs. Any failure or error by Verizon to fully or accurately set forth all relevant terms and conditions of the Tariffs shall not be deemed to bar Verizon from exercising its rights under the Tariffs. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, the Tariffs shall govern over any inconsistent provision set forth herein. For all Private Carriage Services, the above summary is provided for your information and reference only. However, the actual terms, conditions, restrictions, limitations and the like for Private Carriage Services will be those set forth in the agreement between the customer and Verizon for such Private Carriage Service and shall govern over any inconsistent provisions set forth herein.