IntelliLight Broadband Transport (IBT)
Verizon's IntelliLight Broadband Transport (IBT) service provides a secure shared SONET-based interface for reliable, point-to-point fiber optic connection.
" IBT provides high bandwidth connections without having to invest in a dedicated private network."
Verizon Product Manager
- Service Details
- Take Action
Service providers can connect customers with high bandwidth over a shared infrastructure as a powerful source of revenue. Verizon's IntelliLight Broadband Transport (IBT) service provides a secure SONET-based interface for reliable, point-to-point fiber optic connection.
IBT is designed to establish high bandwidth connections at OC3/OC3c, OC12/OC12c, OC48/OC48c, OC192/OC192c rates and offers International SONET connection of STM1. Multiplexing capability can also be provided at the customer premises (network side of the demarcation point) or a Verizon wire center. IBT service protects your customers' local loops and interoffice facilities against slow network performance and loss of critical applications. IBT ties up all of the ends into neat and tidy interfaces for fast transport between two locations.
IBT service leverages SONET technology to prevent interruptions due to fiber failures in local loops and interoffice facilities. The technology uses shared SONET-based fiber rings to deliver OC3/OC3c, OC12/OC12c, OC48/OC48c, and OC192/OC192c service over high-speed optical transport. When STM1 is needed, IBT is delivered using the SONET SDH hierarchy format. Optionally provided multiplexing capability allows customers the ability to connect multiple lower speed DS1 and DS3, as well as OCn service channels, onto an IBT OC3, OC12 or OC48 transport facility.
- IBT provides 100 percent fiber optic connections where SONET facilities and capacity exist. Verizon's reliable infrastructure supports the service so you can make money without investing in a dedicated private network.
- IBT gives your customers choices. Connect them point-to-point between two premises or customer premises-to-Verizon wire centers with a four-hour service guarantee. Offer Fiber Path Diversity over self-healing SONET facilities with a one-hour service guarantee. And, IBT is available in a basic two-fiber network interface or an optional four-fiber (1+1 port protection) interface.
- IBT promotes satisfaction and loyalty by affording customers a sophisticated product that increases their broadband capabilities and safeguards mission-critical applications.
- Aggregate subtending services at multiplexing nodes, improving transport efficiency
- Broadband/concatenated transport over SONET, increasing total payload capacity
- Avoids the expense of a dedicated network
- 3- and 5- year term plans allow user to save money
IntelliLight Broadband Transport (IBT) is a SONET-based service providing high bandwidth interfaces over shared SONET infrastructure facilities, with various levels of protection and service guarantees. IBT offers users the ability to establish high bandwidth connections at the OC3/OC3c, OC12/OC12c, OC48/OC48c, or OC192/OC192c rate without having to invest in a dedicated private network. Using the Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH) transmission protocol, IBT also offers the International SONET connection rate of STM1. Customers have the option of either point-to-point service between two premises or a customer's premise to a Verizon Wire Center. When requested, multiplexing capability can be provided, allowing the ability to connect lower speed DS1 and DS3 subtending channels to IBT. Service is provided predominantly over self-healing SONET facilities and carries a four-hour service guarantee. Using Fiber Path Diversity, Verizon provides end-to-end service over a total transport infrastructure comprised of self-healing SONET facilities and offers a one-hour service guarantee. IBT is available with a choice of network interfaces: the basic two-fiber interface or an optional four fiber (1 plus 1 port protection) interface.
- Protects local loop and interoffice facilities
- Designed to work with STM1, OC3/OC3c, OC12/OC12c, OC48/OC48c , or OC192/OC192c bandwidth
- Customer premises (network side of the demarcation point) or wire center multiplexing capability
- Basic four-hour Service Guarantee
- Fiber Path Diversity with one hour Service Guarantee
- 2 fiber network interfaces and optional 4 fiber (1 plus 1 port protection) network interfaces
- Available where SONET facilities and capacity exist
- STM1 (155 Mbps)
- OC3 (155 Mbps)
- OC3c (155 Mbps)
- OC12 (622 Mbps)
- OC12c (622 Mbps)
- OC48 (2488 Mbps)
- OC48c (2488 Mbps)
- OC192 (9.953 Gbps)
- OC192c (9.953 Gbps)
- DS1, DS3, STS1 - Muliplexed OC3
- DS3, STS1, OC3/OC3c - Multiplexed OC12
- DS3, STS1, OC3/OC3c, OC12/OC12c - Multiplexed OC48
- Provides local loop and IOF fiber survivability
- Basic IBT service is covered by a four-hour service guarantee. If service is out for more than four hours, Verizon will refund 100% of the monthly recurring charge for the service.
- IBT service with the Fiber Path Diversity Service Option is covered by a one-hour service guarantee. If the outage is greater than one hour, the customer will receive a refund of 100% of the monthly recurring charge for the service.
Verizon offers a Special Access Service Guarantee (SASG) based on the length of service interruption and states that "any service outage greater than the specified SASG interval, due solely to a telephone company facility component failure, will result in a credit of 100% of the monthly rate for the applicable rate elements of the affected service. Only one such credit is allowed in a single month's billing period". For IBT, the SASG is 4 hours for Basic IBT and 1 hour for IBT with Fiber Path Diversity.
Effective as of March 30, 2007, Verizon is grandfathering the IntelliLight Broadband Transport service (IBT) in its FCC Tariff Nos. 1 and 11 (Tariffs). Last year, Verizon received forbearance from certain common carrier regulation for several packet-switched broadband services, as well as non-TDM-based optical networking, optical hubbing, and optical transmission services (Forbearance). In accordance with this Forbearance relief, Verizon will now offer a service comparable to IBT under a private carriage arrangement.
Following the grandfathering of IBT in the Tariffs, if you wish to place any new orders for IBT, you will need to enter into a private carriage arrangement with Verizon for a comparable service. Subject to certain terms and conditions, you may make certain changes to your existing IBT under the Tariffs. For a full description of all permitted changes, if any, please refer to the Tariffs.
Note: The terms and conditions of certain of the services described above are set forth in full detail on a private carriage basis (Private Carriage Services). For all Private Carriage Services, the above summary is provided for your information and reference only. However, the actual terms, conditions, restrictions, limitations and the like for Private Carriage Services will be those set forth in the agreement between the customer and Verizon for such Private Carriage Service and shall govern over any inconsistent provisions set forth herein. All services are not available in all areas, and are subject to availability of facilities and equipment.
To learn more about this service, please contact us or call your account manager today.