Metro Private Line SONET Service
Metro Private Line SONET service is an IntraLATA service from Verizon that lets you support all types of communications traffic including data, video, voice and multimedia. You can choose from point-to-point, point-to-multipoint or multipoint service all based on a reliable SONET network.
" Verizon's SONET network is one of the most robust, survivable transport networks in the market today."
Verizon Product Manager
- Service Details
- Take Action
High-Bandwidth to Support Your IntraLATA Needs
Impress your business customers who have applications requiring lots of bandwidth with your capabilities for high-speed connectivity. Verizon’s Metro Private Line SONET service fills the order for you at speeds from OC-3 to OC-192. Even your subscribers with the most demanding applications will applaud your service.
SONET is a network "backbone" technology on which high-volume voice, video and data applications are run. SONET networks are often installed in the form of self-healing rings using a pair of fiber-optic strands. This construction provides survivability for the information riding over the SONET path.
SONET multiplexing is synchronous, meaning low-speed digital signals are combined into a high-speed signal and are linked to a common time base. This means that both low-speed (e.g., asynchronous DS-1) and high-speed (e.g., OC-3 and OC-12, native SONET speeds) signals from multiple customers can travel over the SONET pipeline in a standard format.
For example, SONET networks can accept non-SONET DS-3 traffic from your premises and SONET OC-3 traffic from another customer and transport both streams at SONET speeds to their destinations. This compatibility with both synchronous and asynchronous services gives SONET a major advantage over other transport services.
- Metro Private Line SONET service offers network survivability using electronics to sustain service in case of a fiber cut and loop diversity using separate fiber paths between nodes providing you high reliability in network performance for your subscribers.
- Powerful SONET technology offers you flexible configurations so that you can easily meet your customers’ requirements.
- Metro Private Line SONET service lets you offer secure circuits for efficient and reliable applications performance.
- Offering your customers a comprehensive variety of high-bandwidth solutions positions you as a top provider in the marketplace.
- Market Metro Private Line SONET service to your customers for networking applications such as high-speed LAN-to-LAN and LAN-to-WAN interconnection or for networking PBX capabilities.
- Verizon’s Metro Private Line SONET service is a great solution for integrating voice, video, data and multimedia.
Technology for Work
Metro Private Line SONET Services is an IntraLATA SONET handoff to handle either point-to-point or multiple locations to support high bandwidth needs in an ever-changing marketplace. SONET acts as a network "backbone," over which high-speed, high-volume voice, video and data applications are run. SONET networks are often installed in the form of self-healing rings using a pair of fiber-optic strands. This construction provides high levels of survivability for the information riding over the SONET path.
The Metro Private Line SONET Services product suite provides IntraLATA SONET solutions with either channelized (utilizing add/drop multiplexing) or concatenated (full bandwidth or unchannelized SONET frames) capabilities available in OC-3/OC-3c (155 Mbps), OC-12/OC-12c (622 Mbps), OC-48/OC-48c (2.5 Gbps), OC-192/OC-192c (10 Gbps).
There are several SONET configurations to suit your needs:
- Restorable SONET is utilized by customers that require a high degree of reliability. We have deployed OC48 and OC192 SONET rings, providing restorable service. SONET utilizes Bi-directional Line Switch Ring (BLSR). BLSR is a method of SONET transport, in which data is sent in two directions simultaneously. Data is sent counter-clockwise over one fiber while on the other fiber data is sent clockwise.
- Linear SONET is an alternate solution for those applications that are less dependent on near real-time restorability. Restoration is achieved by the use of reserved protection capacity.
- Fiber path diversity is an option if your solution requires a separate fiber diverse path as there is a minimum of 25 feet of physical separation between the working pair and the protect pair, giving you a secure and reliable SONET service.
Metro Private Line SONET Services are available using three (3) basic network configuration types:
- Type 1 (on-net to on-net): Completely on the Verizon local network (2 or more lit buildings). Access service that is provided when the connections at each end of a circuit are furnished via Verizon or Verizon-affiliate facilities and the circuit itself is furnished via Verizon or Verizon-affiliate facilities.
- Type 2 (on-net to off-net): One (1) side on-net in lit building using Verizon local network and one (1) side off-net. Access service that is provided when one connection on a circuit is furnished via Verizon or Verizon-affiliate facilities and the other connection on a circuit is not. The circuit is furnished via Verizon facilities.
- Type 3 (off-net to off-net): Both sides off-net, not in lit buildings using Verizon local network, interconnects with Verizon network. Access service that is provided when the connections at each end of a circuit are not furnished via Verizon or Verizon-affiliate facilities, but the circuit itself is furnished via Verizon facilities.
Metro Private Line SONET service gives customers high quality point-to-point circuits with near real-time restoration needed to support mission critical applications. Metro Private Line SONET services are designed to handle the most demanding applications, offering bandwidth options from OC-3 to OC-192. Based on industry standards for SONET transport, they can support all types of communication traffic, including voice, video, and multimedia.
- Enterprise backbone networking supporting PBX, LAN to LAN interconnections, and WAN services
- Offsite data back and recovery
- Internet access
- Interconnect large call centers
- High resolution and real time imaging for the medical industry
- Multimedia collaboration
Note: The terms and conditions of certain of the services described above are set forth in full detail on a private carriage basis (Private Carriage Services). For all Private Carriage Services, the above summary is provided for your information and reference only. However, the actual terms, conditions, restrictions, limitations and the like for Private Carriage Services will be those set forth in the agreement between the customer and Verizon for such Private Carriage Service and shall govern over any inconsistent provisions set forth herein. All services are not available in all areas, and are subject to availability of facilities and equipment.
To learn more about this service, please contact us or call your account manager today.