Verizon Partner Solutions 2018 Year-End Snapshot
For Verizon Partner Solutions–and the telecoms industry as a whole–2018 was a year filled with advanced innovations and fast-paced change. These advancements have led our company to new heights, and allowed us to better serve our customers in their success. Join us as we look back on some of our company’s most memorable moments in 2018.
We’re always aiming to deliver a better experience on a better network, and continue to expand our connectivity services in thousands of cities across the globe. Here are just a few of the enhancements we’ve made to our services in 2018, as part of our ongoing mission to bring cutting-edge technology solutions to the wholesale marketplace:
- Supported IoT service delivery for select business cases across the globe, allowing VPS customers to use VPS platforms and applications to effectively manage IoT devices and the data they produce.
- Announced Burstable PIP, which allows customers to subscribe to a bandwidth commitment level, and burst at any time to the full bandwidth of the PIP port speed.
- Launched a Wireless Backup service, enabling secure backup connectivity for locations across the United States.
- Launched multiple product enhancements to the Ethernet portfolio, including; 100G Ethernet, Dedicated Eline Optical Extension, and Jumbo Frame support for Switched Ethernet customers, enabling large data files to be delivered over the network.
- Developed new pricing for Dedicated Internet, Ethernet, FTTI and Wave, including a 10G in 10 Days install program.
Verizon Partner Solutions is comprised of some of the best leaders and thinkers in the telecoms business, as evidenced by the several awards that have been won at both the individual and company levels.
The awards received by Verizon Partner Solutions in 2018 include:
- Telecoms World “Best International Wholesale Carrier”
- Global Carriers Awards “Best Wholesale Sales Team”
- Carriers World “Global Personality of the Year”, VPS President Eric Cevis
- ATLANTIC- ACM – U.S. Metro Large Provider ‘Best Brand, Service Delivery, Voice Value”
- MEF “Best Marketing” Award
Various executives from Verizon Partner Solutions spoke at industry conferences this year. These thought leaders shared their perspective and wealth of industry insights with hundreds of industry peers around the world.
Speaking engagements in 2018 included:
- Eric Cevis, VPS President, spoke at MEF18 to share what VPS is doing to build the future with network innovation and MEF Interoperability trials.
- Eric Cevis also discussed the future of networks, the traditional carrier business model and more during his panel discussion at Capacity Europe 2018.
- Dawane Young, VPS AVP of Voice, IoT and Platforms, joined a panel at ITW 2018, titled “Understanding the Carrier Role in the IoT Boom”.
- Dawane Young also joined a panel at Capacity North America 2018, titled “Always Staying Connected: What Does the Future of IoT Mean for Network Connectivity?”
We also debuted our VPS Content Hub this year, which provides a platform for the VPS community to explore a variety of industry topics, including:
We’re incredibly proud of the work our team has done this year and look forward to working with our customers to build tomorrow with the best of today, in 2019 and beyond.