Responses provide the Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) with the status of their Local Service Request (LSR). Responses are provided for various reasons, to include:
An acknowledgement is sent to notify the CLEC when an LSR is submitted and has passed basic editing for required fields and data elements. The CLEC will receive a message, "Acknowledgement".
- An acknowledgement is received immediately after submitting a request that passes basic editing.
A System Error is generated by the system and indicates that the request cannot be processed until the error is cleared by the CLEC. A Manual Error or Query is sent to the CLEC by the National Market Center (NMC).
- The Verizon Business Rules can be used to assist in the identification of the error codes and descriptions for an error. The Verizon Order Error Messages link will take you to the System Release page, you must them select the Error Message PDF for the month and year you are requesting to find error message information. You may also use the new Error Codes for the East document in the Local Ordering Guide (LOG).
- Once the error has been investigated, the request will need to be resubmitted as a supplement (Sup) to make corrections or to Cancel.
A System Error or Reject is generated when an LSR is submitted with an invalid or missing field or form. System Errors and Rejects contain standardized codes that will enable the CLEC to identify and correct the error. A System Error is received immediately after an error is detected.
A Manual Query is sent to the CLEC by the National Market Center (NMC) when incorrect data is contained on the LSR. A Manual Query contains specific details about the LSR that will enable the CLEC to identify and correct the error. A Manual Query should be received within a 24 to 72 hour time frame depending on the service classification, jurisdiction and number of lines submitted on the LSR.
A Local Response is a series of notifiers that includes the Firm Order Confirmation (FOC), Jeopardy (JEP) and Cancellation (CANCEL).
Network Loop Modification
Verizon's Loop Modification process allows CLECs to request a cost estimate for work activities required for Verizon to provision a loop order when the CLEC has been notified that no compatible facilities are available for the service ordered - e.g., UNE-P, UNE Loops, etc. Once Verizon identifies the required work activities, the CLEC may submit a SUP requesting Verizon to perform the identified loop modification, or the CLEC may cancel the PON. Loop modifications are available only to CLECs whose interconnection agreements contain the requisite rates, terms, and conditions. NOTE: Commission-ordered exceptions may apply in certain states. Please see Triennial Review Order Amendments for more information. Also, see Network Modifications Identifiers for a listing of modification USOCs, alpha identifiers and descriptions.
For additional information on Network Modifications, see our FAQs.
For any questions regarding a SUP 6, you should contact the WCCC.
For any questions regarding a SUP 7, you should contact the NMC.
See Facility Modification Web Navigation for a better understanding of process flow.
Firm Order Confirmation
A Firm Order Confirmation confirms the request details, due date, and appointment time or coordinated hot cut time.
Confirmations on requests that flow through will be received within two (2) hours. Confirmations on requests that fall to the NMC for manual handling will be received within a 24 to 72 hour time frame depending on the service classification, jurisdiction and number of lines.
A Jeopardy indicates risk of missing a confirmed due date and/or the need to provide additional information required to process the request. A Jeopardy includes the following information:
- Response Type (RT) - will be populated with a "J"
- Reason Code (RCODE) - will be populated with the reason code that corresponds to the reason the request may not meet the requested due date (ex. 1A, 1B, etc.)
- Reason Jeopardy Code Detail (RDET) -may identify further details for the service when the reason/jeopardy code for the order is not defined. To resolve a jeopardy notification, incorrect entries must be corrected, a new date due provided (when required), and a SUP 2 or 3 submitted using the original PON number. To cancel an LSR as a result of jeopardy, a SUP 1 must be submitted. The same PON number must be submitted with a new version (VER) to clear an existing Jeopardy. In order to retain the telephone numbers, the order must be resubmitted within 5 calendar days; otherwise, the telephone numbers will be lost.
Bona Fide Request (BFR) Process
Except as otherwise provided in the interconnection or resale agreement with the CLEC, or in applicable tariffs, the Bona Fide Request (BFR) process is used when the CLEC requests access to a UNE or a combination of network elements that is not currently offered in an interconnection agreement, SGAT (Statement of Generally Available Terms and Conditions), or tariff, and that Verizon is required to provide under applicable law.
Notice of Cancellation
This confirms that the LSR has been canceled. In the Response Type field on the Local Service Confirmation it will show "Notice of Cancellation". There will also be a remark stating the reason the PON was canceled for example: LSR canceled per your SUP 1 request.
A Provisioning Completion Notice (PCN) is received to advise that all provisioning associated with a request has completed. A Billing Completion Notice (BCN) provides the CLEC with confirmation that customer service records have been updated and Verizon billing can be rendered for all service orders associated with a request.
Provisioning Completion Notice
A PCN provides the CLEC with request details and the completion date of the order. The PCN will be sent by 11:59PM on the business day following the confirmed due date of the LSR.
- When the PCN is not received by the third business day, submit a trouble ticket to the
Billing Completion Notice
A BCN provides general information about the request, order and billing numbers, listings affected by the request and all features affected by the request. The BCN will be sent to the CLEC by the end of the 2nd business day following the PCN. If the BCN is scheduled for transmission and the bill cycle intervenes, then the request will be held until the bill cycle is complete.
- When the BCN is not received by the third business day following receipt of a PCN, submit a trouble ticket to the