Verizon Optical Networking
Gain a competitive edge with our Verizon Optical Networking service. Verizon Optical Networking offers point-to-point, dedicated Ethernet private line service for intraLATA access applications. Verizon Optical Networking delivers a solid Ethernet over SONET solution leveraging the simplicity of Ethernet and the reliability of SONET. The Verizon Optical Networking platform allows the seamless convergence of voice and data so your customers receive a single LAN/WAN network solution while purchasing only the bandwidth they need.
View the Verizon Partner Solutions webcast for more information on Verizon Optical Networking. Choose "Section 4" from the list of available webcasts.
" An Ethernet over SONET/Ethernet Private Line product leveraging the simplicity of Ethernet with the resiliency and reliability of SONET."
Product Manager - Lawrence P Lewis III
- Service Details
- Take Action
Gain a competitive edge with our Verizon Optical Networking service. Verizon Optical Networking offers point-to-point, dedicated Ethernet private line service for intraLATA access applications. The Verizon Optical Networking platform allows the seamless convergence of voice and data so your customers receive a single LAN/WAN network solution while purchasing only the bandwidth they need.
Designed to give customers scalable, affordable, end-to-end transport, Verizon Optical Networking is easy to configure for local and long distance applications. You can offer Ethernet protocols at various speeds between customer locations without customers converting legacy interfaces. High-bandwidth Ethernet transport is more robust using Verizon Optical Networking and available in a variety of speeds -- 10 and 100 Mbps, GigE full rate and GigE partial rates at 50, 100, 150, 300, 450 and 600 Mbps -- so you can meet customers' changing needs. FICON, Fibre Channel and an Access Aggregation port are also available. Verizon Optical Networking is next-generation Ethernet service at its best.
Verizon Optical Networking is point-to-point, dedicated private line, Ethernet service within the Ethernet portfolio of Verizon Wholesale services. A Verizon Optical Networking circuit provides a dedicated path through the network with a variety of available throughput options. Verizon Optical Networking provides a native Ethernet interface at the end user premise with 10BaseT, FastE, FX, GigE, Fibre Channel and FICON. Ethernet to SONET mapped options are also available.
Verizon Optical Networking services are transported over Verizon's state of the art, shared Telephone Company managed network. The Verizon Optical Networking offering allows for Ethernet protocols of various speeds to be transported between two customer locations.
Next Generation Add Drop Multiplexers (NGADMs) terminate the SONET transport to provide a native Ethernet connection. In the local loop and interoffice network, SONET optimizes customer site connections providing the SONET resiliency and reliability Verizon Optical Networking delivers.
You can order channel terminations as protected circuits to dedicate bandwidth with full fiber-path diversity in the local loop. Or, you can choose unprotected circuit channel termination to afford dedicated bandwidth without guaranteed path diversity in the local loop.
- Provides High Speed, Dedicated Private Line Access to support LAN and WAN connectivity.
- Offers scalability - Purchase only the bandwidth required.
- Supports Ethernet Jumbo Frames with a Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) up to 9,600 bytes and Ethernet transparency.
- A simplified infrastructure reduces operational costs, training and network management.
- Availability in prime markets - Locally and Regionally
- Ensures a reliable, high-bandwidth data-center connectivity to facilitate mission-critical applications.
- Offers remote connectivity - linking your dedicated data platform to remote locations.
- Establishes required protection to meet your customer demands and budget.
- Reduces problems with latency for your voice applications.
- Offer customers protected LAN/WAN connectivity for data centers, storage application networks and data farms.
- Converge voice and data networks and transport video with high survivability.
Your Private Line to Increased Revenue
Verizon Optical Networking is your connection to satisfied customers and a new revenue stream for your business.
Verizon Optical Networking is a premier point-to-point, dedicated private line, Ethernet service within the Ethernet portfolio of Verizon Wholesale services. A Verizon Optical Networking circuit provides a dedicated path through the network with a variety of available throughput options. Verizon Optical Networking provides a native Ethernet interface at the end user premise with 10 base T, FastE, GigE, Fibre Channel and FICON. Ethernet to SONET mapped options are available at the IXC POP location.
Verizon Optical Networking services are transported over Verizon’s state of the art, shared Telephone Company managed network. The Verizon Optical Networking offering allows for Ethernet protocols of various speeds to be transported between two customer locations.
With Verizon Optical Networking the following protocols/data interfaces are available:
- Ethernet: transmits Ethernet at 10 Mbps
- Fast Ethernet: transmits at 100 Mbps
- Gigabit Ethernet: transmits at 1 Gbps
- Gigabit Fibre Channel: transmits at 1 Gbps
- Gigabit FICON: transmits at 1 Gbps
- Ethernet mapped to STS1
- Fast Ethernet Mapped to STS1
- Fast Ethernet Mapped to OC3c
- Gigabit Ethernet Mapped to OC3
- Gigabit Ethernet Mapped to OC12
- Gigabit Ethernet Mapped to OC12c
- Gigabit Ethernet Mapped to OC48
- Gigabit Fibre Channel Mapped to OC48
- Gigabit FICON Mapped to OC48
- Verizon Optical Networking Services Mapped to OC3 Access Aggregation Port
- Verizon Optical Networking Services Mapped to OC12 Access Aggregation Port
- Verizon Optical Networking Services Mapped to OC48 Access Aggregation Port
- Verizon Optical Networking Services Mapped to OC192 Access Aggregation Port
Increasingly, Enterprise LANs are carrying more types of traffic and the need for higher bandwidth Ethernet is ever-expanding. Verizon recognizes the need to provide transport architecture that is robust and utilizes the latest technology available. Verizon is committed to developing product enhancements to Verizon Optical Networking that will allow greater bandwidth and through-put rates to meet the needs of your growing Ethernet network.
Effective as of March 30, 2007, Verizon grandfathered Verizon Optical Networking in its FCC Tariff Nos. 14, and 16 (Tariffs) as a result of the forbearance from certain common carrier regulation for several packet-switched broadband services, as well as non-TDM-based optical networking, optical hubbing, and optical transmission services (Forbearance) that Verizon received. In accordance with this Forbearance relief, Verizon offers a service comparable to Verizon Optical Networking under a private carriage arrangement.
If you wish to place any new orders for Verizon Optical Networking, you will need to enter into a private carriage arrangement with Verizon for a comparable service.
If you have a Verizon Optical Networking that is currently on a term plan, you may either continue to purchase such service under the applicable Tariff until the end of such term, or enter into a private carriage arrangement with Verizon to purchase a comparable service. If you decide to continue to purchase such Verizon Optical Networking under the Tariffs, you may not make any moves, additions, or changes to such Verizon Optical Networking, and may not renew or extend the term of the Verizon Optical Networking beyond the end date of its current term.
Learn more about Forbearance or contact your Account Manager for details.
Verizon’s Fiber Optic Network is monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year in order to identify and proactively correct any detectable, service affecting faults. Verizon has an extensive network that will enable you to reach a large number of customers.
Verizon Optical Networking offers:
- Well-trained and experienced operational support personnel and extensive operational support capabilities.
- SONET/DWDM Inter-office infrastructure for transport
- SONET Mapped Options
- The following interfaces and Ethernet speeds:
- 10BaseT - 10Mbps
- FastE - 50Mbps and 100Mbps - Electrical (Twisted Pair)
- FX - 50Mbps and 100Mbps - Optical (Single-mode or Multi-mode) and available to a central office collocation arrangement
- GigE - Gigabit Ethernet at 50Mbps, 100Mbps, 150Mbps, 300Mbps, 450Mbps, 600Mbps through put speeds (this option is also available to a central office collocation arrangement)
- GigE - Gigabit Ethernet, Full Rate (this option is also available to a central office collocation arrangement and this also allows Full Rate GigE connectivity to the Verizon Transparent LAN Service - NNI Port)
- Fibre Channel
- SONET mapped options are also available
- Verizon Optical Networking Access Aggregation Port – offers the aggregation of multiple Ethernet services to a customer premise or central office collocation arrangement
- Service Guarantees - Applies to restoration of Verizon Optical Networking service, per event (subject to restrictions set forth in the tariff).
- Channel Extensions may be ordered as PROTECTED or UNPROTECTED
- 1 Year, 3 Year and 5 Year Terms
- Ability to Interconnect with Verizon SONET and Optical Services, DSR, Custom Connect, and IEF (Restrictions may apply).
Verizon Optical Networking is backed by the reliability and experience of Verizon operations and field services.
- Reliability - Verizon Optical Networking services are transported over our state of the art, shared Verizon- managed network. We manage and monitor the network 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Survivability - SONET automatic protection switching and Verizon Optical Networking fiber path diversity options minimize the chance for service outages.
For Verizon Optical Networking, the following service guarantee credit allowance will apply for the entire service.
- For protected On-Net Channel Extensions and On-Net Channel Mileage, a credit of 100% of one month’s recurring charge for the Verizon Optical Networking service will apply for any outage that exceeds one minute. No more than one such credit is given in 1 monthly billing cycle.
- For unprotected On-Net Channel Extensions a credit of 100% of one month’s recurring charge for the Verizon Optical Networking service will apply if the total outage time exceeds 4 hours.
- For Verizon Optical Networking services that consist of both unprotected and protected service components, the credit allowance that applies for each outage will be based on the credit allowance provisions for unprotected channels.
Pricing for new orders of this service are handled on a contractual basis. Please contact us or call your account manager to discuss your particular needs.
Note: The terms and conditions of certain of the services described above are set forth in full detail on a private carriage basis (Private Carriage Services). For all Private Carriage Services, the above summary is provided for your information and reference only. However, the actual terms, conditions, restrictions, limitations and the like for Private Carriage Services will be those set forth in the agreement between the customer and Verizon for such Private Carriage Service and shall govern over any inconsistent provisions set forth herein. All services are not available in all areas, and are subject to availability of facilities and equipment.
Read the latest The Hub - Ethernet Newsletter
Getting StartedGetting Started with Access
OrderingAccess Business Rules
Access Job Aids
Access Order Guides
Access Ordering Tool
Customer Ordering Assistant Tool
Ethernet Access Ordering
Special Access Interval Guide
ProvisioningService Level Agreement - Statistics
Provisioning for Access Services
Trouble AdminTA Interface